Well, let's see...nothing new! I'm moving in count them 13 days! and 3 out of those 13 days I'm writing exams!!!!!!! YUCK.
Anyway, as I said in my first post my horse is being terrorized by the local wildlife. Wildlife being 5 fox and a pack of wolves and possibly a cougar but haven't seen him around since October! All this wildlife reminds me of when I was in public school and every morning for a year there was a red fox who'd sit on the tree line and wait for the bus with me. When the bus came and I got on he'd leave and when I'd come home from school he'd be sitting there waiting for me. I never gave him a name but I thought it was really cool! In the winter no matter how cold it was he'd still sit out there with me. Although he never got enough courage to actually approach me and I was fine with that since I was so young.
Anyway, all that recalling of the past made me think that I should name these animals. I know they're a problem but still it's fun and it's a way to tell each one apart!
Like this past summer bear hunting with my dad, we came to figure out that there was a big grizzly living near by and he carried off a whole carcass without leaving a mark! So I named him Tank.
There was also a year old black bear cub who'd lost his mother that I saw and he called out like they do when they've lost someone and I was soo sad! I named him Baloo and you'd be happy to know he's doing fine!!! He was skinny this spring but after a few months he'd grown into a nice looking bear.
Another black bear we encountered was a big female with cubs. She ran through a patch of sand, yes sand and left NO tracks at all!!! So she got the name Black Bear Lightfoot.
Okay back to the other animals! We've got 2 red fox and 3 cross fox. Hopefully I'll get pictures of them but they seem to like my dad better!
Big Red fox - is yet to be named
Small red fox- Todd (like the fox from Fox and the hound)
Big Cross Fox- Sly
Small Cross Fox - Schizo (as in Schizophrenia because he ran into my dad literally and was all jumpy)
Last years cross fox kit- Fluffy (he looks like a fluff ball!)
Now as for the wolves.....there are too many to name! But the ones we've had around here were the Alpha female and one of her puppies!
The cougar....well....I'm not sure yet.
Hope all is well with you guys! I'll try and get pictures of each one before I leave.....mind you the only one my dad has seen since the wolves arrived is Fluffy! So, that tells you how well they coincide!
Amber
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment